Megaputer Intelligence is a growing provider of data and text mining tools and solutions. Our PolyAnalyst™ data analysis platform, used by numerous Fortune 100 companies, offers a comprehensive and integrated Analytics/BI environment. The platform features a broad selection of cutting-edge NLP and predictive modeling engines
We are seeking a Network and Systems Administrator to join our team in Bloomington, Indiana. This position entails the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of company hardware, software and networks.
Currently accepting applications.
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
- Install, maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware, including the virus protection software
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Evaluate user needs, perform a comprehensive search/compare, and procure computer software and hardware, maintain adequate supplies (spare drives, printer paper, toners, etc,)
- Design, assemble, configure and test computer hardware and networking and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Assist in configuring, monitoring, and maintaining email applications.
- Assist in perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Educational Requirements: The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Experience – 2+ years’ experience as a network administrator or similar capacity;
Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012; Windows 7, 8, 10; Linux;
Switches, routers, network hardware, including 10Gbps fiberoptics, load balancing
Firewalls, VLANs (Cisco, HP, etc.), NAT, proxy.
- Specialized Knowledge: Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP(s), SSL and TCP/IP protocols, and applications; Active Directory, Group Policy; VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft HyperV, backup solutions (Acronis, Barracuda, Windows Backup, etc.); antivirus software (McAfee, Symantec, Vipre, Security Essentials); substantial exposure to Linux operating systems.
- Additional Qualifications: Advanced troubleshooting skills in multi-user, high pressure environment; Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment; experience with Data Cabling/Computer Facilities maintenance. User-friendliness and excellent communication skills. Responsibility, following directions, maintaining good, professionally written descriptions of essential procedures, preferably ahead of time or “as you go”.
To apply, please send your resume and any other application materials to email@example.com.