The Senior Operations Research Analyst will formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. He/she will collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products. The Senior Operations Research Analyst will develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
This position has been filled.
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
- Study and analyze information obtained from customers in order to conceptualize and define operational business problems by using quantitative and qualitative research, statistical and mathematical methods, and acquiring domain knowledge;
- Define data requirements, find and evaluate data sources, gather statistical and scientific data, and validate information received from all relevant sources, applying judgment and statistical tests
- Evaluate reporting solutions and identify best practice in analysis and synthesis of information from different sources to identify the most suitable algorithms to address the problems
- Analyze scientific research data, investigative findings, operational data and reports to formulate mathematical and simulation models of problems, and perform testing of models to ensure their adequacy
- Identify and analyze alternative courses of actions which are available to solve the problem and improve the solution, and to determine which strategy will offer the best outcomes and cross-sell opportunities, and will optimize the distribution of products
- Design appropriate information systems and develop effective service-oriented solutions to IT directions and innovations
- Perform calculations to draw conclusions from given data and apply appropriate statistical and cost benefit analysis techniques to the interpretation of data
- Organize information into a coherent framework and to relate it to previous results, and create mathematical or statistical diagrams or charts
- Formulate a wide range of problems in mathematical and statistical terms, and prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems, and recommending solutions
- Develop business methods and procedures, including accounting systems, logistics systems, records management system and production schedules in order to maximize profits and minimize costs
- Deploy, customize and maintain the developed solutions
- Provide further personalized customer support and customized analytical consulting
- Extensive experience in data analysis, data processing and mining of large and complex datasets;
- Proven knowledge of database user interface and query software (Microsoft Access, SQL); development environment software (PERL), object or component oriented development software (R);
- Knowledge of statistical modeling (K-means clustering; Distribution analysis; Social Network analysis; Time Series analysis), predictive modeling (Transactional and discriminant basket analysis; Bayesian classification; CHAID; Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines; Time Series Forecasting), machine learning (Neural Networks; Random Forest; Support Vector Machines; Bayesian networks) and natural language processing
- MS in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related discipline involving quantitative analysis
- 1+ years of experience in Operations Research or related field involving solving complex business problems or applying statistical methods required
- Previous experience as Operations Research Analyst, Data Analyst or Business Analyst is required
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com. Include your resume as an attachment as a Microsoft Word document, Adobe PDF document, or as a link to a web page.