Understanding natural language is at the core of Megaputer’s software. Computational Linguists work for improvements in quality, classification, information extraction, and natural language understanding. You will work both on complex projects spanning a number disciplines within different fields. You will utilize a wide variety of skills, including natural language processing and understanding, syntax, semantics, ontology, program management, statistics, corpus linguistics, or any combination.
As a Computational Linguist, you will collaborate with developers and data analysis consultants to produce rule-based linguistic models, analyses, and applications that improve Megaputer’s ability to uncover key information from unstructured text.
Not currently accepting applications.
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
- Provide linguistic expertise and direction for language-specific NLP.
- Train and/or evaluate NLP models and propose solutions.
- Design resources and processes to support a variety of projects related to natural language understanding.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with linguists, researchers, and developers.
- Make technical presentations of key capabilities of PolyAnalyst for prospective customers.
- Graduate education in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL) and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with theoretical, applied, and computational linguistics.
- Experience with a variety of linguistic and/or ontological concepts such as semantics, syntax, morphology, pragmatics, discourse, lexicography, and corpus linguistics. Understanding of tag sets and syntactic parsing.
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Experience with the following:
- Developing evaluation strategies and developing projects from concept to completion
- Designing and implementing data-based research experiments
- Managing, directing and/or evaluating the work of others
- Data scraping
- Regular expressions
- Familiarity with machine learning tools, models for natural language processing applications, experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and critical-thinking skills.
- Independent worker with interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude; able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in a technical context
To apply for open computational linguist positions, please send your resume and any other application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.