Understanding natural language is at the core of Megaputer’s business. Computational linguists work for improvements in quality, classification, information extraction, and natural language understanding. You will work on complex projects spanning a number of disciplines within different fields. You will utilize a wide variety of skills, including natural language processing and understanding, syntax, semantics, ontology, program management, statistics, and corpus linguistics.
As a computational linguist, you will collaborate with developers and data analysts to produce rule-based linguistic models, analyses, and applications that improve Megaputer’s ability to extract information from unstructured text.
This position has been filled.
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
- Provide linguistic expertise and direction for language-specific NLP.
- Train and/or evaluate NLP models and propose solutions.
- Design resources and processes to support a variety of projects related to natural language understanding.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with linguists, researchers, and developers.
- Make technical presentations of key capabilities of PolyAnalyst for prospective customers.
- Author technical articles about your experiences and thoughts on your work.
- Graduate education in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with theoretical, applied, and computational linguistics.
- Experience with a variety of linguistic and/or ontological concepts such as semantics, syntax, morphology, pragmatics, discourse, lexicography, and corpus linguistics. Understanding of tag sets and syntactic parsing.
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Experience developing evaluation strategies and working on projects from concept to completion
- Designing and implementing data-based research experiments
- Managing, directing, and evaluating the work of others
- Experience with data scraping
- Experience reading and writing regular expressions
- Familiarity with machine learning tools, models for natural language processing applications, experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and critical-thinking skills. Independent worker with interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude; able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in a technical context
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume as an attachment as a Microsoft Word document, Adobe PDF document, or as a link to a web page.